Monday, September 20, 2010

Back in the day

I have been going through my scrapbooking stuff in hopes to delete items that I will never use or haven't used in years.  I first started digi scrapping over three years ago so I have accumulated quite the load of goodies.  I was going through my old layouts and giggling at some of the designs and pages that I thought were awesome!  It's amazing to look back and see the progress made through the years.  I am not saying I am a pro now, but a bit better than I was 3 years ago!  Here is one of the first layouts I ever made.  Clearly I did not understand the importance of realistic drop shadows (the dark areas around the photo and papers)!

Honestly, I still struggle with keeping my drop shadows realistic!

This layout was made in April 2007.  I was just learning how to use Photoshop Elements.  There were not a lot of tutorials on using PSE with digi scrapping so I learned by trial and error and reading forums.  This design was a template so all I had to do was clip my photos and paper to the already made design.. The problem?  I didn't know the keystroke to clip papers/photos, and I didn't know the right terminology to ask in the forums!  Instead I painstakingly erased portions of my photo and paper to fit the design.  I kept wondering how templates were a time-saver!  

Stop giggling. :)

I post these embarrassing moments in hopes to encourage the beginning scrapper.  We all have to start somewhere!  I am sure that I will look back in another 3 years and giggle at my current layouts.  It's a learning process, but you can't be afraid to try!
In an effort to encourage beginning scrappers, I am going to start "Template Tuesday."  Every Tuesday I will give you a free template to use and show you an example of how I used the template.  I will point out different design elements that I have learned over the past three years.  Hopefully I can help the beginner not make as many mistakes as I have (and still do!)  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment