Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Template Tuesday - Free Digital Scrapbooking Template & Design Tips!

Good morning and Happy Tuesday! 
This is the free template that I have for you today:

Go HERE to download (link expires in one week)
This is the layout I made using the template:
I used Felicity by Wild Blueberry Ink found HERE
Now, why does this layout work?
1.  White Space:   White space is the area(s) of a layout that is has no text or graphics.  It gives the viewer's eye a chance to rest.  Folks, it doesn't have to be white in color to be considered white space! :)
2.  Proximity:   The photo and papers are spatially connected to each other because of their proximity.  The core of the layout looks like one grouping because of the close spacing of blocks, photo and title.  This placements gives a unified look to the layout, and unity creates a feeling of wholeness.
3.  Repetition: I repeated the multiple colors in a variety of textures, but be careful not to overuse repetition as it can get boring quickly!
4.  Visual Triangle: (the color blue) Placing items on my scrapbook page in a triangle allows the viewer's eyes to see the page as a whole rather than being distracted by one or two pieces on the page.  A visual triangle helps the viewer's eye to travel around the page.  A visual triangle can be created on a scrapbook layout using photos, embellishments, or event text such as your title, date, and journaling.

Want to read more about design?  Go HERE or HERE

If you are new to digi scrapping, you are going to need some software to get started.  Go to www.adobe.com and download the FREE 30-day trail version of Photoshop Elements.  (For a direct link, click HERE)  There are instructions all over the web as to how to get started in digital scrapbooking. Go HERE for some great instructions and links!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful! Thank you very much, can't wait to use it!
    <3 Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 15 post on Dec. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TYSVM for the lovely template!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the template. I've never done a digi page before and I'm finally attempting one using this template. I have a question though - how do you get your own text into the title? I tried double clicking, but it brings up a window to rename the layer - I can't figure out how to get my title & subtitle and I'm sure it's very simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kari!
    Good question! I rasterize the title layer so photoshop no longer recognizes the layer as a type (font) layer. Simply delete the title layer and make your own! :) The font I used was Century Gothic.

    ReplyDelete