Here is a look at today's template which can be downloaded for free HERE (link expires Jan 13, 2010):
This is how I used the template, but honestly, I wish I would have left the photos in color. I LOVE photos in black and white. In fact, I prefer black and white photos over color for some weird reason! But this layout would be better if the photos were in color. I think the photos would stand out more and the white lines would look better. Sigh. Live and learn! :)
|I used Wild Blueberry Ink Joyous Kit found HERE|
Now, why does this layout work?
1. White Space: White space is the area(s) of a layout that is has no text or graphics. It gives the viewer's eye a chance to rest. Folks, it doesn't have to be white in color to be considered white space! :)
2. Proximity: The photos are spatially connected to each other because of their proximity. The core of the layout looks like one grouping because of the close spacing of the circles/photos, journaling, and title. This placements gives a unified look to the layout, and unity creates a feeling of wholeness.
3. Balance: This layout is symmetrically balanced. If we were to divide this layout vertically or horizontally down the middle, we would find the same amount of visual weight on one side as we do the other.
Want to read more about design? Go HERE or HERE
If you are new to digi scrapping, you are going to need some software to get started. Go to www.adobe.com and download the FREE 30-day trail version of Photoshop Elements. (For a direct link, click HERE) There are instructions all over the web as to how to get started in digital scrapbooking. Go HERE for some great instructions and links! .................................................................................................................
You still have just over 12 hours to sign up to win a free copy of a complete Project 365 book! That's right, I teamed up with Wild Blueberry Ink and made:
- 52 weekly psd templates
- front and back cover
- title page
- 11 hi-lite pages for times where more than one photo is needed to tell the story
- six 365 stickers that are also psd files so you can customize them!
Go HERE to leave a comment for your chance to win!
This Project 365 book will be for sale HERE the evening of Dec 31 (CST)!