Monday, November 1, 2010

A Healthy Treat

OK, who all had a sugar overload last night besides me?!  I "borrowed" a few too many Snickers from the kids last night!  And I wonder why I can't shed the pounds!

To help make up for my sugar intake, I made some awesome banana muffins that are on the healthy side.  Here is the recipe:

2 C Flour (I use 1.5 C whole wheat flour and 1/2 C flax seed meal)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 C natural applesauce (This is in place of oil.  You can use 1/2C of oil instead)
3/4 C of Honey OR Agave Nectar OR 100% Maple Syrup
1tsp vanilla
1/3 C milk
1Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
5 large bananas (I mix in other fruit like berries so long as the amount of total fruit is around the amount of 5 large bananas)
Chopped walnuts

I mix the dry goods together and then add in the wet ingredients in the order listed.  I make them in bite-sized muffin tins because this is the way my kids like them!

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes but be careful not to over-bake!




Enjoy!

Make sure and stop by again tomorrow for Free Template Tuesday.  I also have some awesome freebies that I am giving away starting Thursday of this week!  You won't want to miss them!

2 comments: