Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blessings

There are times when I like to sit back to watch and listen to my surroundings.  My house is always full of kid noise.  Fighting, laughing, singing, and whining are all common sounds found in my house on a daily basis.  Today I rediscovered just how great my kiddos are.  Nothing earth shattering happened.  I just remembered that I have a lot to be thankful for, including fabulous kids! 

Brie is unlocking the key to reading.  I watch in amazement as she uses her knowledge to decode the written word:

Morgan recently enrolled in a scrapbooking class.  Her first assignment was to to gather various photos of items important to her in her life.  I handed her my camera, with the proper settings in place, and encouraged her to fill the camera's frame with her subject and to look at her subjects from different angles.  This is one of her shots she took all by herself:
I overheard Tucker talking to Troy, a fabulous (adult) neighbor.  Tucker and Troy were talking college football stats like grown adults who think they can out-coach or out-ref the individuals they are watching on TV!  I was amazed at how much Tucker knew about so many teams.  I was tickled that he was holding an intelligent conversation with an adult too!
I am thankful for the blessing in my life.  I need to spend more time appreciating the gifts I have been given.  What blessings are in your life that you are currently taking for granted?
Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment